Amy and Angie's Favorite

Amy and Angie's Favorite
Self Portrait Contest

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I was there!


Okay, so another night without a descent shot (well except for the one above..haha). I've been trying different things with the long exposures and lighting. I feel I'm starting to put it together and just a matter of time now. Tonight was quite the exception to picture taking with the elements, but I felt like a kid out there tonight. I had a permanent grin, totally enjoying the moment. It was funny pulling up to the rangers kiosk. "Can I help you?" "Uh, yeah, there's my park pass and I'm here to shoot some photos". Now keep in mind, there is NOBODY in this lake right now (8pm and pitch black) with the rain coming down like crazy and sideways...the look on his face would have been the picture of the night. After he finished his flabbergasted look, he just took his hand and kinda waved it in a forward motion as in, have at it!
Another key to the fun tonight was having all the right equipment. Not only was I warm, but perfectly dry. Also had all the gear to keep the camera protected and snapping away (yes I did get photos, but these are only good enough to go into my personal journal...tracking my progress). So to sum it up, I was in nature, in the wind and rain, snapping photos all by myself...uh...PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment